Thread: No form creation or OCR in Revu Cad!?

Default No form creation or OCR in Revu Cad!?

After watching the videos showing the additions for version 9, I was really excited to see some of the new options, i.e. Form Creation & OCR. I didn't even realize that those updates were only associated with Revu Extreme!
    I work for a medium sized A/E, Design-Build firm & those items would have been crucial to have in the CAD version. We purchased many seats for the CAD version as it pertains strictly to our industry.

Its a shame that the updates were selective in which functions were going to be distributed to the different products of BB.

Maybe they can get added at the next update?

Overall, very satisfied with the product. It literally is a one stop shop for creation, editing & management...add the form creation & OCR & it's perfect!

Hi Kcrocker,

We too are excited about OCR and Form Creation being added to our Revu product line. However these features elevate Revu to a “Pro” level which may not be an affordable solution for all PDF users. The intention in adding Revu eXtreme was to give users a path to invest in the more advanced features like OCR, Form Creation and Scripting as well as use our CAD plug-in, really making it a one stop shop.

Unfortunately, these advanced features do come at a price for both for us. The good news is that there is a discounted migration path from CAD to eXtreme. Our Account Services team could give you more info if you’re interested.

If you have further questions regarding pricing, upgrading your current licenses, or just need general information about our software, please feel free to contact our Account Services team at 866-496-2140, or e-mail sales@bluebeam.com.

Thanks!

Just glancing at the pricing for extreme (looks like $299 per seat at the most expensive marginal cost) it's just not that much money if it provides a valuable time saving feature or two. I use and promote Bluebeam a lot at the large general contractor I work for and I think a few people would benefit from OCR and forms but most users wouldn't need it. While OCR is useful in the design and construction industry I think there are many other businesses that would also find it valuable.

Maybe on a related note I was talking with an architect I work with today about using Bluebeam for submittal review. He said his firm considered it but because they can't manage the licenses (or maybe push updates) centrally that they've had to stick with Acrobat for now. Is there a way to manage Revu licenses and/or push upgrades out to users from a central software server?

Sorry Scott,

I never answered this question for you. It sounds like your colleague's firm must be running the Adobe ALM.

Bluebeam doesn't offer Flex-Licensing management for concurrent licensing like AutoCAD's model, but we introduced the License Management System earlier this year for similar cases. It gives users a defined overage of licenses, along with resetting inactive licenses after a given amount of time.