Thread: Bluebeam?

Default Bluebeam?

Why is company called Bluebeam?

Hey Arnout,

That's a good question, one that quite a few customers have asked. There is a story behind it but rather than simply answering it here, I think it would actually make a fun blog post.

I'll check with the PDF Insider team to see if they can get that story up and I'll link back to it here.

Thanks for your patience!

Brian F
    Last edited by Brian F; 10-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Hi BB BrianF .
    This question -
    Why is company called Bluebeam?
    interested me too and I want to know about it .

This was a good question and i also want to know about it....!
    I am surprised that why this question is not replied by the Bluebeam management???
    Hope for a quick reply here...
    Last edited by AlexDore; 11-21-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Hi Arnout,

Check out this article, third paragraph:

http://pdfinsider.com/2013/03/18/please-call-me-rich/

Gordon

It says,
    "Some background… we started Bluebeam over ten years ago and it has become more than we ever imagined. We knew we wanted to develop technology that would help our customers do, what they do, better. We did not imagine it would change how work is done in the industry, becoming standard practice for many and a true competitive advantage for others."

But, there is not mention at any stage of this paragraph that why does it called "bluebeam"??
    The question is "why this name only".
    Last edited by AlexDore; 11-21-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Third paragraph:

"To commemorate my first blog post, I think it’s time to finally answer that age old question…why did you name your company “Bluebeam?” Simple – Bluebeam is the result of a group of rocket scientists, software engineers, and imaginative consultants who figured that the company should have intrinsic meaning that was a reflection of its people, its culture, and its determination to change the world. And, after many hours and days of brainstorming to delirium, we came up with “Blue” and “Beam”, thus Bluebeam, to represent a creatively understated cool company that believes in getting sh*t done. Oh, and it helped that our logo could be represented within the limits of 8×8 pixels."

Thanks...
    That is something which was needed here...!
    Last edited by AlexDore; 11-21-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Remember – Anything IS Possible