Thread: Snap To function

Default Snap To function

Hello,

Recently I have been in contact with Bluebeam support in relation to Revu iPad and including a snap to- function.

The function exists in Revu desktop version and it would be very much appreciated if it could be included in the iPad version to enable easier markups in the field when lines are used. The snap to function when selected will assist when needing to join one line to another at a point anywhere along the length or end point of the first line. Other variants are available too.

I would think this functionality would be of benefit to people such as Engineers and Architects when in the field, who are familiar with and use snap to in programs that are CAD like related.

If a number of people respond to this thread and support the request then Bluebeam will be able to gauge if it is suitable to schedule into their program for updates.

Thank you

Default Hi Folks

It looks as though no one uses lines to mark up plans on the iPad and join them together, i.e. as constructed plans of hydraulic services.

Surely we are not the only ones who would like this functionallity.

Hi Scott,

Snap to Content is an essential feature of Revu desktop. We are well aware that this would also be of great benefit on Revu iPad.

The limiting factor here is not customer demand, but available processing power on ARM-based mobile devices. Calculating those snap points in real time takes a bit more horsepower than current hardware can provide.

Adding this capability will become more feasible once available processing power has taken a few more evolutionary steps forward.

-Patrick

I am really keen on the Snap to Content being part of the iPad Revu App.
    Any development on this function being added??

Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    I am really keen on the Snap to Content being part of the iPad Revu App.
    Any development on this function being added??
    Hi Nick,

There's no news on this front that we can comment on, at the moment at least, but I'm curious what workflows you're using Revu iPad for where this function would be essential. Any insights on your role/trade and how this would make day to day life better are much appreciated.

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick
    We are an Architectural Company, using Vectorworks as our documentation software.
    I am looking for a solution to enable site based project architects to check documentation measurements on site. It needs to be accurate.
    The Vectorworks Nomad App has some of the functionality - but the interface is clumsy and the workflow is not really efficient.
    Our site staff have full PDF sets of drawings - and it feels like REVU for iPad is perfect, to markup, review, manage and share PDFs - but only lacks the accuracy of Snap to Content function.
    Nick

I would love the snap feature also in bluebeam for ipad. also working in the industry of architecture and marking up drawings for our quality review it helps to be able to get very close to exact calibration.