Thread: Bluebeam Revu has stopped working

Default Bluebeam Revu has stopped working

Updgaded Revu 11 to 11.1 and getting the Bluebeam Revu has stopped working .......... error message almost everytime I start Revu now.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 9GB RAM and 100GM memory on the Hard Drive.
    Dual monitors working fine.

Anyone else experience this error message ?

Hi Liepper,

It sounds like something might have happened in the .NET Framework. Have you contacted Technical Support with this?

Hi liepper,

Itís hard to say what might be causing this to happen and itíll probably take some investigation and troubleshooting to figure it out. It would be best to send this question directly to our Tech Support team.

Send an e-mail to support@bluebeam.com. Include the information that youíve indicated in this post, a screenshot of the error your seeing and also include your log files. Hereís how you can do that.

Turn on the debugging messages
    - Click Start, All Programs, Bluebeam Software, Bluebeam Administrator
    - Click the Logging tab
    - Click the "Clean Temp" button
    - Check the "Debugging On" check box and click Apply
    - Recreate the problem so the log file will contain the additional log entries

Send the Bluebeam Log files
    - Start the Bluebeam Administrator
    - Click the Logging tab, and then click on E-mail Logs to Support
    - Close that E-mail and click on the Explore button
    - Attach the "Logs.zip" file in your reply to this email message

Someone from our Tech Support team will be able to assist you from there.

Allan

Allan,

The error message has stopped since original post.
    I will let Tech support know if happens again by sending the LOG

Thanks very much. Got to Keep on Estimating .............

Default I'm having the same problem

I have been having the same problem... first time it happened I switched the .NET services off and back on and that fixed it. Next time this trick didn't work, I got in touch with Tec support, sent them some logs; then, before they could get involved properly, Bluebeam started working again.

Now I've just had the same problem re-occur - Bluebeam stopped working two days ago, I've switched the .NET service off and on several times, tried re-booting in between, not re-booting etc. Then this afternoon just as I was about to give-up in exasperation Bluebeam started working again...!!

Hi BlueAnchor,

Depending on the version of Revu and Windows youíre running, adjusting the .Net Framework may or may not do the trick. It could be a completely different issue entirely.

So that we can get a better idea as to what might be going on, I would recommend contacting Bluebeam Technical Support (support@bluebeam.com) if you start to experience more problems with Revu. Include some information about your system and what youíre experiencing. Sending the log files will be a great help as well because itíll give Tech Support a better idea as to what might be going on.

Hereís how you can send the logs.

Turn on the debugging messages
    - Click Start, All Programs, Bluebeam Software, Bluebeam Administrator
    - Click the Logging tab
    - Click the "Clean Temp" button
    - Check the "Debugging On" check box and click Apply
    - Recreate the problem so the log file will contain the additional log entries

Send the Bluebeam Log files
    - Start the Bluebeam Administrator
    - Click the Logging tab, and then click on E-mail Logs to Support
    - Close that E-mail and click on the Explore button
    - Attach the "Logs.zip" file in an email message to support@bluebeam.com

Allan

Thanks Allan,
    I'm using BlueBeam Revu Standard version 11.0.0, running in Windows 8. If the problem re-occurs I'll grab the logs as you've described and send them to Tech Support...

Because youíre running Revu 11.0, I would recommend updating your software to 11.5. If you like, you can download the update from www.bluebeam.com/updates.

Updating to 11.5 might not be related to the initial issue youíre experiencing but at least youíll have the latest version of Revu.