Thread: Sets for Revu Ipad

Default Sets for Revu Ipad

Will sets ever be available in Revu Ipad?

Hi Chris,

Sets has been a popular feature from Revu 11 and I agree bringing Sets to the iPad would be valuable. As you could imagine, it is a big effort, so I cannot give a time frame at this moment. There is a lot we want to do with the iPad application! Keep taking a look at our updates for other improvements we are making.

I will share your request with the iPad team. Any other iPad feedback you have, please feel free to reach out to us at suggestions@bluebeam.com.

Britney

Just checking back on this to see if there was any update on when/if sets would be available to use on the ipad. I also wanted to see what others were doing to view the latest set of documents on the ipad. Any suggestions on best practices would be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid having to manage multiple versions for viewing the latest set.

Sets is still a high priority for the iPad. Due to an overwhelming amount of feedback, we have focused on performance of the application and the file browsing experience. Some of these more basic functions were not meeting our customers expectations. Once we get this to a better place, we will continue developing features such as Sets.

I would like to also hear from others in the community to see what workarounds they are using until we release an update with Sets compatibility.

Default Re: Sets on iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Bzavada View Post
    Sets is still a high priority for the iPad. Due to an overwhelming amount of feedback, we have focused on performance of the application and the file browsing experience. Some of these more basic functions were not meeting our customers expectations. Once we get this to a better place, we will continue developing features such as Sets.

I would like to also hear from others in the community to see what workarounds they are using until we release an update with Sets compatibility.

We, too, are very anxious to receive sets functionality. The work around that we have created is to publish a "latest/current" multi-page pdf of each set within our "Sets" subfolder. With that document in the folder, the field users that are on iPads still get the information that they need, without having to look in a different area of our project tree.

You can run sets and select "show latest revsion", combine the open set, and then extract the pages from your new file (the combined latest versions of your plans) into a folder. You will need to make sure all pages are extracted while keeping all the hyperlinks and markups.

I would hope bringing sets to the IPad app is a top priority. The sets are a great feature for updating documents but if the workers in the field can't open them than the sets are not very useful.

To work around this currently we are saving each page (and all the revisions as) one PDF file - it is very time consuming. I know you can publish the most recent pages from a set as PDF's but I haven't figured out a good way to do this using the files on Studio.

Even if the IPad app will cost twice as much, it really needs to have the ability to open Sets.

Hi Chris,

Sets has been a popular feature from Revu 11 and I agree bringing Sets to the iPad would be valuable. As you could imagine, it is a big effort, so I cannot give a time frame at this moment. There is a lot we want to do with the iPad application! Keep taking a look at our updates for other improvements we are making.

I will share your request with the iPad team. Any other iPad feedback you have, please feel free to reach out to us at suggestions@bluebeam.com.

Britney
    Sets within Studio and the iPad app are top requests for me as well, its one of the main reasons i havent switched over to using studio as my cloud solution

Default Sets for iPad

What is the status on getting sets working for the iPad?

Default 3 years later

Quote Originally Posted by arier38 View Post
    What is the status on getting sets working for the iPad?
    3 years later from original post - is that really a "high" priority?