Thread: Outlook Plug-in

Default Outlook Plug-in

Where can I go to set an option to include all email attachments when I use the Bluebeam Outlook Plug-in tool "Create PDF"?

Hi MichaelArch,

When you create a PDF using the Outlook Plugin it should create a PDF that has a header at the top that includes, the To, From, Subject etc. Here you will also see an Attachment section where that file name is hyperlinked to the attachment. Let me know if you are having an issue with this.

Thanks,

Britney

Britney:

I don't really understand your reply. What I'm after is a quick way to create a pdf of the email message including (within the same pdf) a copy of the attachment(s). If this is what you're describing, please elaborate. Sorry to be so dense!!!

Thanks,
    Mike

I just pdf'ed an Outlook email that has one pdf as an attachment. It was odd that the Subject line of the resulting pdf email was the link to that pdf but it worked. It's not obvious but linked pdf appears to be contained within the pdf based on the filesizes involved. (It's not appended as page 2 of the resulting pdf)

The really odd thing is that when I converted an email with several pdfs and DOCX attachments - the hyperlinks were where I would expect to see them (in the attachments area) but several of the links didn't work. Word DOCX files are opened in Word.

Hi Michael,

The attachments section of the e-mail will be hyperlinked to the PDFs. ScottA, you are correct that they will not append themselves to the original e-mail, and part of that reason is because of the numerous different file types that an attachment can be. Revu does not assume you want every attachment converted to a PDF.

Revu will only allow PDF documents to open in the interface, so that is the main reason why these attachments are not appearing below. If many to all of your attachments are PDFs, then you can open them from the hyperlinked attachment section, and combine the documents together (Document > Combine). Now you will be able to view them in the format that you desire. Hope this helps and is more clear.

Cheers,

Britney

Britney:

To elaborate a bit further, I don't want a hyperlink from the email to its attachment. I really just want a single PDF which includes page that show the email message, followed by pages that show the attachment(s). When I print the message from Outlook, I have the option to check a box that will include all of the attachments. Unfortunately, this only works when printing to the default printer.

So, is there any way to get the email and attachments to print as a single pdf (using the Outlook plug-in)? How about without the Outlook plug-in, but still using BB?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bzavada View Post
    Hi MichaelArch,

When you create a PDF using the Outlook Plugin it should create a PDF that has a header at the top that includes, the To, From, Subject etc. Here you will also see an Attachment section where that file name is hyperlinked to the attachment. Let me know if you are having an issue with this.

Thanks,

Britney

Wish list item for future releases of REVU.......Outlook plug-in will append (PDF) attachments to the pdf created from the email message itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzavada View Post
    Hi MichaelArch,

Thanks,

Britney
    Hi Britney,
    I'm creating a pdf using the Create PDF in the email message tab menu in outlook 2013 but the attachment on the pdf page is not hyperlinked? please advise.