Thread: Layers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Layers

We are running version 2.1.1 on our company iPads. Is there a way to access the layers created through the desktop version. We do digital takeoffs on the desktop, and we cannot turn those layers off through the iPad. Makes navigating the drawings a real issue. Cluttered mess.

Thanks

Hi wesleyd_WBI,

Revu iPad does not have layer support. We get a lot of requests about this, but our main questions is your need for content layers or markup layers? Content layers are a large resource that the memory limitations on the iPad make difficult to handle. Additionally, rendering performance would be poor. Markup layers on the other hand are much more feasible.

Britney

Britney

My main concern with layers is for markups. We add quite a bit of information to drawings, and having the ability to hide some of this content without deleting content would be huge.

Got it! Thanks for the reply. Have you tried filtering the markups in the markups list to reduce the amount of content that is on the drawing? I usually like to recommend this to users with a markup layer request. This is another way to hide content without deleting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzavada View Post
    Got it! Thanks for the reply. Have you tried filtering the markups in the markups list to reduce the amount of content that is on the drawing? I usually like to recommend this to users with a markup layer request. This is another way to hide content without deleting it.
    We keep our markups flattened, which in turn does not allow the markups to be viewed from the bottom task tray on the iPad. This would not be efficient if they were not flattened, due to the amount of markups. If they are in layers, markups can be hid in groups.

Any updates on this? Having the ability to turn on and off layers created for mark-ups would be a big help to us as well.