Thread: Document orientation rotates when printed

Default Document orientation rotates when printed

Perhaps this has been asked before but I have been unable to find this topic addressed on the forums. Why is it when I print an 8-1/2" x 11" document with portrait orientation it prints to Bluebeam PDF with a landscape orientation? Same thing occurs when I print an 11x17 sheet with landscape orientation; it rotates to portrait orientation when printed to Bluebeam PDF. I've tried different settings in preferences but have been unsuccessful in getting my documents to print in their original orientation. It's annoying and time-consuming to have to constantly change page orientations. Is there a simple fix I'm just overlooking? Thanks in advance.

When I have issues like this it's usually a trial and error process between settings in the application that is printing and the printer driver settings. Both of these tend to have orientation or auto-rotate settings that fight with each other. I don't know which one wins until I try a couple variations. If you can provide more specifics on what program you're printing from and what printer you're printing to (sounds like Bluebeam in this case) more help might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
    When I have issues like this it's usually a trial and error process between settings in the application that is printing and the printer driver settings. Both of these tend to have orientation or auto-rotate settings that fight with each other. I don't know which one wins until I try a couple variations. If you can provide more specifics on what program you're printing from and what printer you're printing to (sounds like Bluebeam in this case) more help might be possible.
    My apologies. I'm printing from AutoCAD 2012 using Bluebeam. I use Bluebeam Revu 11.6.

In AutoCAD I go to the Page Setup dialog for a given paperspace then I see that the name of the plotter is set to Bluebeam. Just to the right of the plotter selection drop down there's a "properties" button. I open that and then open "custom properties", layout tab and there you'll have the chance to select portrait or landscape. At the example I'm looking at on my machine right now - both the properties of the plotter and the AutoCAD page setup dialog are set to portrait and that's what I get. If one of them was set to landscape I might get what you're getting. Hope this helps.

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a coworker who when he plots to pdf the pdf is displayed in portrait mode. I use the same settings and the pdf is displayed in landscape. This makes it very difficult to trouble shoot since he seemingly has the same settings as me.

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue, but printing to "Bluebeam PDF" from directly inside Bluebeam.