Thread: Best use of Bluebeam, ever!

Cool Best use of Bluebeam, ever!

I've been itching to try out the fishfinder I mounted on my kayak last weekend and decided to drop the yak in for 20 minutes this morning before work. I didn't bring any gear except for one pole that was already rigged with a brown/chartreuse jig. It was an impulse decision to bring it thinking if I did see fish on the screen I would just drop the jig down and see if I could get lucky. Well the fishfinder worked fine, needed no adjustments, but I wasn't seeing any fish. I lazily grabbed the rod and started throwing the jig near a fallen tree, paying more attention to the fishfinder than the rod, when bang! The rod's drag was way too tight and the rod bent and creaked like it was going to break. I loosened it and the fish went straight down and likely under a branch. I was hung up and thought I'd lost the fish but I pulled myself over top of where I was stuck and she came loose. I took a couple pics cursing myself that I didn't have my ruler when I remembered the back of the paddle blade. Scaling the image in Bluebeam turned what would have been just another "fish story" into a true account of the monster fish I caught. Thanks Bluebeam!
    PB_Bass.jpg

This is a great story! Thanks for sharing! We enjoyed reading it and can't wait to hear in what other ways you use Revu.

Love it!

Awesome story, I like it .
    Last edited by jimkida; 08-29-2014 at 09:02 AM.

great use!