Thread: Link to Web Page Using .bfx File

Default Link to Web Page Using .bfx File

Is there any way that i can use the bfx protocol to automatically list all of my drawings in the panel on the left AND also automatically (or easily) open up a new browser tab inside of bluebeam that loads our "Project Page" url?

I tried entering our url into the <ProjectURL> tag which seems to do nothing:
    <ProjectURL>https://myapplication.com/secure/project/?step=display%26projectId=93043</ProjectURL>

I tried entering our web page into the <FileURL> tag but it throws an error (I can only assume that it's expecting a pdf file).

My goal is to provide an "Open In Bluebeam" button on our site (on the page for a particular project), which in turn produces a dynamic bfx file causing bluebeam to automatically launch with a list of files on the left, and my web page in a browser tab within bluebeam. We need to display our web page so that users can view the project details, enter fees, work from their checklists, etc.

Is this possible?

Hi Jace,

I don't think that's possible. Why not make your web page the first stop? You could have bluebeam open up your web page by default. Once the user logs in, they could click a button that would download a dynamic .bfx file from the specific project page, which in turn would load the files on the .bfx panel. When they switch back to the browser tab, they should still have the project page open for filling out info.

Gordon

Thanks for the quick reply Gordon! Although not optimal, that may work for our use. Do you happen to know what the ProjectURL tag is used for? That sounds like it would be perfect for us if a user could click on the project title in the left side panel to access our site. It seems a bit bulky to use the bluebeam (IE) browser when not viewing documents.