Thread: Need to report out Length & width about any Object type

Default Need to report out Length & width about any Object type

I have a customer who wants to make a markup, of any kind, that will export to excel a length and width of the markup. I get area, perimeter, volume etc.

6-12-2015 3-26-39 PM.jpg

There is a Length and with but it IS NOT actual size. I'm thinking I need to figure out the scale factor and create a new formula column that multiplies the length and width fields by the calibration scale?

Thank you

TED-

Hi,

If you have a markup, like a rectangle, selected you can Show All Measurements by selecting the checkbox under the Properties tab. In the bottom tab of Bluebeam is a Summary of the markups that should have this information in it. You can export to excel from this Summary Tab. I don't know about the formatting from the Bluebeam summary to Excel but all of the information should be there. Ill try to grab a screen show to show if I can

BB measurements.jpg

Hopefully this helps,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by tmoberg@manageddesigninc. View Post
    I have a customer who wants to make a markup, of any kind, that will export to excel a length and width of the markup. I get area, perimeter, volume etc.

6-12-2015 3-26-39 PM.jpg

There is a Length and with but it IS NOT actual size. I'm thinking I need to figure out the scale factor and create a new formula column that multiplies the length and width fields by the calibration scale?

Thank you

TED-
    Hi Ted,

You're right that the height and width fields in the Properties panel are not scaled measurements, they display the size of a markup on the page. And while these fields can be displayed in the Markups List, they cannot be included in a formula, as they could cause inaccuracy in your calculations.

There isn't currently a way to display the scaled lengths of individual segments of a measurement, but I'll share your suggestion with our team. How would you use the height and width measurements, as opposed to the perimeter of that area? What do the different segments represent in your work?

Quote Originally Posted by BB Sarah View Post
    Hi Ted,

You're right that the height and width fields in the Properties panel are not scaled measurements, they display the size of a markup on the page. And while these fields can be displayed in the Markups List, they cannot be included in a formula, as they could cause inaccuracy in your calculations.

There isn't currently a way to display the scaled lengths of individual segments of a measurement, but I'll share your suggestion with our team. How would you use the height and width measurements, as opposed to the perimeter of that area? What do the different segments represent in your work?
    Has anything ever been added to enable usage of width and height measurements that can be included in formulas?

Quote Originally Posted by BB Sarah View Post
    Hi Ted,

BB Sarah,

I am a Glazing estimator. On top of needing to know the area and perimeter I also need to know the length and width because it could cause a price change based on stock lengths or min/max lengths of glass. So in order to get all my measurements I have been creating a space for each piece then taking length and width measurements with in the space. If you have any ideas I would appreciate it.