Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revu Mac Suggestions

Default Wishlist...

Having the ability to apply Page Labels, Rotate Pages, and OCR capability are at the top of my wishlist for features.

I currently use both the Windows (Revu Extreme 2016.1) & Mac versions - I understand that developing and adding features takes time, however the Mac version needs some crucial features added for the industries that it is made for - Construction, etc.

That being said - keep up the good work and see you in San Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by mitnarf123 View Post
    Please add:

1. Flag markup tool
    2. Dual page/side by side mode
    3. Toggle menu bar (F9)
    4. Rotate page
    5. Crop page function
    6. Keyboard shortcut for adding bookmark
    7. OCR functionality
    8. Redaction function

Any idea when some of these functions, all of which are in the Windows version, may be added?

Thank you.
    Can I ask what industry you're in and what specific role within that industry? I'm curious what specific workflows/document types you're using flags with.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBuckeye View Post
    Having the ability to apply Page Labels, Rotate Pages, and OCR capability are at the top of my wishlist for features.

I currently use both the Windows (Revu Extreme 2016.1) & Mac versions - I understand that developing and adding features takes time, however the Mac version needs some crucial features added for the industries that it is made for - Construction, etc.

Glad to hear you're joining us for eXtreme Conf '16. Thank you!

Are there plans in the works to allow upgrades (using the maintenance contract) through the application like in the Windows version (under the Help tab)?

Update: I learned via response in another thread that Revu for Mac automatically checks for updates upon application launch (something unique to OS X).
    Last edited by TexasBuckeye; 07-26-2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Updated Information

I had trouble changing the color of hyperlinks. Is this a capability? It seemed to be treated more like a markup than a hyperlink. I selected the hyperlink, opened the properties, and tried to adjust the color and nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBuckeye View Post

Revu Mac 1.0 shipped with the ability to rotate pages. You can right + click on the page in thumbnails view and choose "rotate pages" or use 2 fingers on your Macbook trackpad to rotate in either direction.

Were you looking for something different? Rotate views, perhaps?

I would like to be able the change the User Name that Bluebeam uses. My login name is not sufficient for identifying myself on dynamic stamps.

Thank you. I realized that shortly after creating that post. I'm happy to see the new features in the update, however I'm still eager for the ability to change the Page Labels. It doesn't even have to be Batch Page Labels - I would settle for one at a time for now. I am a newer Mac user, so if there is a way to do this already I apologize. Looking forward to the next Revu for Mac update - keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by BB Patrick View Post
    Can I ask what industry you're in and what specific role within that industry? I'm curious what specific workflows/document types you're using flags with.
    Patrick, sorry for my late response. I am in the legal field and used the predecessor to Revu extensively. I had high hopes for Revu and updated to the Windows in direct response to the Mac release (buying both at the same time), assuming the same functionality would exist across both platforms. Sadly, I have found the lack of cross-platform consistency and prompt updates/fixes that are relevant to my needs disappointing. Thanks.
    Last edited by mitnarf123; 09-11-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitnarf123 View Post
    Patrick, sorry for my late response. I am in the legal field and used the predecessor to Revu extensively. I had high hopes for Revu and updated to the Windows in direct response to the Mac release (buying both at the same time), assuming the same functionality would exist across both platforms. Sadly, I have found the lack of cross-platform consistency and prompt updates/fixes that are relevant to my needs disappointing. Thanks.
    I'm sorry to hear Revu Mac didn't meet your expectations... but happy to hear you've been using our products for quite awhile, thank you! Certainly, if it were at all technically feasible to ship Mac 1.0 with all the features of Revu eXtreme 2016, we'd have done so... we appreciate everyone's patience as our Mac team works feverishly to incorporate the most popular remaining features of Revu for Windows.

If there are additional steps we can take on our website to further clarify the differences between the editions of Revu fow Windows and the single edition for Mac, please let us know. We'd love to hear this community's ideas. It's important that, beyond the pricing differences between the Windows and Mac versions of Revu, we do all we can to make sure others don't purchase with the same assumptions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast