Thread: Create Custom Markup Summary Format

Default Create Custom Markup Summary Format

I've been digging for the better part of two days trying to find out if there is a template that Revu uses (or can use) when generating a Markup Summary. I know that one can select a template pdf to use, but so far as I can tell, Revu just puts the Summary on top of the document. While I can see the usefulness of this, I have a somewhat different need. I'd like to be able to create a Summary Report, including comments, that is in a particular format, such as a letter, or similar with formatting controlled by the template.

Is there anyway to do this? I have thought about exporting the markup to XML, but getting it into a word doc formatted may take more than I am capable of.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Chris

Hi cdawson,

You can change the title of your Markups list summary reports by editing the "Title" field in the PDF Summary or Batch Summary windows, but there isn't currently a formatting option to create a letter template. Any chance you could share a sample file of what you'd like to create from these summaries, as an example? How do you generally use reports like this and what groups do you share them with?

Example.JPGI know this is an old thread, but I wasn't sure if I should create a new one as my subject is exactly the same. Sometimes the engineer will pass along the review comments to the developer or contractor(s) and not the marked up drawings. So we would want the "comments letter" to look more like a City of Greenville official letter. This would include a place for our logo, the application #, location, etc. So ideally it would be nice to be able to create a template that we could plug in those fields (like a fillable PDF) We also put in our Determination for the project at the very beginning, whether Approved, Approved with Commentsor Denied. The bluebeam template doesn't really tell you this without weeding through the comments. This way if those comments were ever separated from the drawings, we would know what project they belong to. I will attach an example of one of our letters.
    Last edited by wlawrence; 01-23-2017 at 05:29 AM.

I am interested in this as well. I'd like to be able to produce a mark-up summary on a review report template that is customized for our agency. Being able to select a template from the "PDF Summary" dialog box would be ideal. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kmbrooks View Post
    I am interested in this as well. I'd like to be able to produce a mark-up summary on a review report template that is customized for our agency. Being able to select a template from the "PDF Summary" dialog box would be ideal. thanks!
    Revu 2016 allows for report templates if you run the report as a Batch PDF Markup Summary. File > Batch > Summary. You can run it with just one file too, doesn't have to be a batch.

Patrick, thank you for the reply. I see where I can use a PDF Template option after clicking Next a few times. Are there are some instructions on using this?
    Last edited by wlawrence; 02-09-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wlawrence View Post
    Patrick, thank you for the reply. I see where I can use a PDF Template option after clicking Next a few times. Are there are some instructions on using this?
    The PDF template you import can be any single-page PDF you create in Revu or elsewhere.

(Template info is under "PDF Options")
    http://support.bluebeam.com/online-h...ch-Summary.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1NaZixlbhY

I'll be the first to admit that there are A LOT of options in there... we've got people using this feature for everything from Punch reporting to feeding aggregated CSV-format data into their fabrication management suites.

Once you get the hang of creating templated reports, we'd love to know what we can do to make the experience more straightforward (beyond the obvious step of making template options available in the non-batch Markup Summary feature)

This community will be shifting to "archive mode" next week, to make room for future online community efforts - but you can always reach the Product team via suggestions@bluebeam.com to share any product-improvement thoughts and needs.
    Last edited by BB Patrick; 02-09-2017 at 11:18 AM.

I hear you. That's why I was looking for a little guide as I was overwhelmed with all the options. That's one thing I noticed, this is a very robust program. Which is a great thing. And yes, adding it in the non-batch Markup would be easier. Thank you again Patrick!