Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: UWP Windows App

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default UWP Windows App

    Are there any plans to develop a Universal Windows Platform Bluebeam app? We're looking at the Surface Hub smartboard and while we can cast the screen of a Windows 10 device to the Surface Hub, it would be nice to have a UWP Bluebeam app that can be installed on the Surface Hub. Thoughts?

    Jeremy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Hi jdaulton, at this point we don't have a timeframe for when a Universal Windows app might be available, but I'll let our team know you're looking to run Revu directly on a Surface Hub, rather than through another device. If you wouldn't mind sharing, what field are you in and what type of work are you planning to use the Hub for?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Thanks for the reply Sarah!

    We are a General Contractor and one type of work would be to use the Hub with Bluebeam for design review meetings. I hope to see this app available in the future.

    Thank you,

    Jeremy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default

    We would also like this for easy install, update, uninstall on our Windows 10 workstations.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default

    We are a General Contractor as well and are about to have a new SmartBoard monitor installed. We use one now, but it is older and projector based and runs directly from a PC that we install BB on. We use it for hand-off meetings from estimating to operations.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    We need Bluebeam on the Surface Hub ASAP! If Autodesk 360 Docs beats Bluebeam to the punch on this, we might have to switch apps...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbaze View Post
    We need Bluebeam on the Surface Hub ASAP! If Autodesk 360 Docs beats Bluebeam to the punch on this, we might have to switch apps...
    Would you guys (ideally) be utilizing Bluebeam Studio in these scenarios, or is viewing and markup of PDFs your primary need on Surface Hub?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB Patrick View Post
    Would you guys (ideally) be utilizing Bluebeam Studio in these scenarios, or is viewing and markup of PDFs your primary need on Surface Hub?
    We do need to view our PDFs in our Studio Projects, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the full version of Studio. Viewing and marking up PDFs would be fine. Being able to save the markups back to the Studio Project would be a bonus.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbaze View Post
    We do need to view our PDFs in our Studio Projects, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the full version of Studio. Viewing and marking up PDFs would be fine. Being able to save the markups back to the Studio Project would be a bonus.
    Glad to hear you guys are using Studio (there are some PDF solutions in UWP I was going to toss out there if that wasn't a need). For purposes of Studio UWP app, would Project-only access (no Sessions access) be a deal-breaker?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB Patrick View Post
    Glad to hear you guys are using Studio (there are some PDF solutions in UWP I was going to toss out there if that wasn't a need). For purposes of Studio UWP app, would Project-only access (no Sessions access) be a deal-breaker?
    Not at all! We use Projects for almost everything. Sessions only for punch lists.