Thread: Studio Session limitations

Default Studio Session limitations

We're about to punch a couple of medium size projects and will be setting them up using Studio Sessions.

Is there a limit to the number of markups on a sheet?
    Or a limit to the number of attachments or photos on a sheet?

Thanks,
    Craig

Can somebody confirm the limit on photo/capture attachments in a PDF file using Studio Sessions? Somebody in my firm read there was a limitation of 500 attachments.

We're doing a punchlist today on a floor of about 75 rooms. I can see right now we will have 10+ photos per room. I'm hoping we don't run out during our punchlist.

Craig

Just an update. I'm pretty disappointed.

Our iPad Pro (using Verizon data plan) and iPad 3 (using hotspot data) both stopped working in the field after about an hour. Evidently Sessions don't work so well on iPads in a real-world situation. They constantly dropped their Session connection and if finally has reached a point where they can't even re-join the session. Not sure but my guess is that the size of the PDF file and the Capture attachments (photos) has made it unusable. Both iPads just stop responding when it says they are downloading the PDF file.

We are limping along using a Surface Pro 4 (using hotspot data) which has not lost its Session connection. We may have to go out and purchase another Surface Pro in order to get this project (and another one next week) punched.

Too many issues to overcome today. I tried support several times but they have yet to contact us back. That's disappointing because my firm has been a long term user of BB and kept our "Maintenance" current for several years now.

The iPads were never able to get logged back into the Session. So we've changed to a manual punch process.

Craig, bummer about this experience and not hearing back from Bluebeam, very disappointing indeed. The only think I would suggest is working offiline during the punch process and syncing the documents later back at the office. Frustrating that such a (potential) timesaver threw a wrench into your process.

Robusley,

Thanks. I agree, but as far as I can tell, the iPad version of Revu does not have Offline capability. FWIW our PC tablet is still running OK. It was just the iPad versions that couldn't stay connected.

Hi CraigV, we're sorry to hear about the disruption and frustration these issues caused during your punch process. Thank you for contacting our Technical Services team, it looks like they were able to connect with you this morning, and they are investigating this issue now.

You're correct that the Revu iPad app does not currently support the offline mode for Sessions, which is available in the Windows version of Revu you're using on your Surface Pro 4. However, we are aiming to release an updated version for iPad later this week that includes updates to help with offline workflows, so please stay tuned!

As for size limits, there is not a limit for photo or capture attachments in Studio Sessions, but there is a file size limit at 1 GB and markups can be up to 10 MB each. For unlimited file size and offline access, Studio Projects could be another option for this punch walk - you could sync your files locally to your iPad before going offline, and then check your markup edits back in once you're back online. If you'd like to use Projects Offline, you can find the full steps on page 45 of the iPad Help Guide: http://support.bluebeam.com/wp-conte...-Guide-v35.pdf

Thank you again for reporting this issue. If you do try out the upcoming release of Revu iPad, we'd love to hear how the new functionality works for your punch walk--feel free to send us any feedback directly at suggestions@bluebeam.com.

Edit [7/27/16]: We just released Revu iPad 3.6, which includes Studio Sessions Offline, which gives users the ability to continue working on Session documents without an Internet connection, as well as stability and performance improvements.
    Last edited by BB Sarah; 07-27-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Revu iPad 3.6 Release

Tried sessions once for Punch. Now have many via Project. Works very well!